Christmas can be a time full of danger for our pets.  Over the next couple of weeks I will look at different risks which could pose a threat to your pets over this Christmas season.  By taking some precautions, we can keep everyone safe.

Christmas decorations are often sparkly which encourages interest from our pets, however they can be dangerous.

Tinsel is a particular danger as if chewed or eaten it can get stuck in the stomach and intestine, causing a linear foreign body which can be fatal.  Cats are particularly interested in tinsel.

Make sure that any Christmas trees are very stable and kept away from pets if at all possible as they can be toxic if chewed.  Keep electrical cables for lights out of the way of any animal likely to chew them (especially rabbits, puppies and kittens).

Please follow and like us:
error

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *