From traditional Christmas plants and flowers such as holly, ivy, poinsettia to bouquets of flowers as gifts, many people’s homes will have more greenery in them than normal. Many plants can be toxic to our pets if eaten. Some can simply cause gastrointestinal irritation leading to discomfort and vomiting/diarrhoea, while others, such as lilies, can cause severe illness and even be fatal. Keep all plants well out of reach of pets and, if you have a cat, do not allow any lilies in your house. If your pet has eaten a plant, call the Animal Poisonline on 01202 509000 and they will be able to tell you if you need to see a vet. (Calls cost £30) https://www.animalpoisonline.co.uk/

Please follow and like us:
error

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *