Regular Health Check
Regular health checks are key to improving your pet’s wellbeing. Health checks are recommended for all pets at least annually. For rabbits, young and older animals, more frequent checks are advisable as this ensures that any problems are detected quickly, before they become major.
Prior to your pet’s regular health check, we will ask you to fill in some questionnaires related to their current health and wellness to help us to tailor the appointment to your pet’s specific needs.
A regular health check visit will include the following physical elements:
- Examination of the skin (including the ears)
- Visual eye examination
- Dental assessment
- Auscultation (listening) of heart and lungs
- Palpation (feeling) of the abdomen (tummy)
- Palpation of lymph nodes
- Palpation and manipulation (movement) of joints
- Anal gland emptying if needed
- Weight check
In some cases, a more detailed assessment of certain areas may be needed. For example:
- Blood pressure measurement is recommended at least annually for animals over the age of 7 years
- Intraocular pressure check is recommended for dogs of certain breeds prone to glaucoma
- Urine sample testing is recommended at least annually for animals over the age of 7 years
- Blood tests may be advised depending on your pet’s age or ongoing medication needs
How often should my pet have a health check?
What will a health check cost?
Standard Consultation £75
Pet wellbeing check or first assessment of an unwell animal. Includes written report with recommendations sent after the appointment
Additional Dog/Cat £40
Additional pets seen at the same time
Additional Rabbit or Small Pet £25
Routine 'Zone' Consultation £60
Reduced visit price if booked on the day when we are in your area for routine checks (contact us for further details)