🩺 Many minor ailments and long-term health conditions can be dealt with very easily at home and this reduces the stress to your pet.
🩺 In more severe cases, we can provide an assessment and first aid at home and assist you with transporting your pet to a suitable hospital for ongoing treatment if needed.
Ailments which may be able to be treated at home
- Vomiting and/or diarrhoea with no loss of appetite and otherwise bright and happy
- Skin irritations
- Ear infections
- Incontinence or excessive urination if your pet is otherwise well
- Eye problems
- Minor wounds and injuries
- Mild lameness
💊 I carry commonly-used medication in stock. Other medication can then be obtained from a bricks-and-mortar veterinary practice, or (usually cheaper) from an online pharmacy.
Follow-up consultations are chargeable at a reduced rate.
Ailments which require a veterinary clinic visit
🚑 If your pet has any of the following signs, they will need to be seen at a veterinary clinic as soon as possible. Visit our emergency page for details of our recommended clinic.
- Ingestion of toxic substance (e.g. chocolate, rat/mouse poison, raisins, human medications)
- Recurrent seizures or a single seizure lasting more than 3-5 minutes
- Severe, profuse bleeding – pressure should be applied to any wound for 2 minutes. The wound should then be covered with a dressing if possible and the animal taken to your veterinary surgery immediately.
- Breathing difficulties
- Severe trauma
- Severe bloody diarrhoea
- Severe vomiting
- Sudden onset bloating of abdomen
- Paralysis of limbs