Urinary problems are very common in our pets. They can present as incontinence (involuntary urination), frequent urination, straining to urinate, increased volumes of urine being produced, wetting in the house, blood or other discolouration of the urine.
Problems with urinating can be distressing to both pets and family members due to pain and discomfort, and the hassle of cleaning up afterwards with the residual smell that is likely to linger.
Prompt investigation of issues can help to prevent them getting worse and provide relief to all involved.
Our urinary consultation fee of £100 includes:
- a detailed history to determine the possible causes of the problem
- a full clinical examination
- assistance with collecting a urine sample
- in-house analysis of the urine including biochemical analysis and microscopy to examine for crystals and bacteria
- discussion about any further diagnostic tests needed
- a detailed treatment plan including written prescriptions if needed
- a 45 minute consultation (over 4 times that of a standard veterinary consultation) to ensure that you have understood your pet’s problem and give you a chance to ask any questions that you have
The consultation fee does not include:
- external laboratory testing
- follow-up consultations (these are charged at a reduced rate)